As I’m sure pretty much everyone knows, the Outside Lands music festival is on this weekend in Golden Gate Park. The Festival is from August 12-14, 3-day tickets are around $200 and are still available. It seems like nearly 20,000 tickets have been sold, according to their website. [ETA 13 Aug 2011: According to today’s SF Chronicle, the organizers expect 120,000 people. ETA 14 Aug 2011: Apparently, 180, 000 — around 60,000 each of the three days.]
So of course a lot of roads and places in Golden Gate Park are closed during this time. (The photo of the map here will show a larger — and legible — version if you click on it, then click again.)
From the website:
“The following entrances will be closed to the public from Thursday, August 11thth at 8:00PM through Sunday, August 14th at 11:00pm:
On north side of the park:
* Transverse Dr at Crossover Dr
* JFK Dr at Transverse Dr
* 30th Ave
* 36th Ave
* 43rd Ave (Chain of Lakes)
* 47th Ave
* The Great Hwy at JFK Dr.
On the south side:
* Martin Luther King Jr Dr at Crossover Dr
* 25th Ave
* 41st Ave (Chain of Lakes)
* Martin Luther King Jr Dr at Lincoln Ave
* Sunset Blvd @ Irving St
In fact, some closures have started already (from Tuesday Aug 9) and though most places will reopen after the festival is over, the actual fields where it’s being staged will be closed longer.
- The Polo Field was closed Aug 3, and will reopen on August 18
- Lindley Meadow was closed Aug 9, will re-open August 15.
- Speedway Meadow closed Aug 9, will re-open August 17.
- Lloyd Lake and Metson Lake will be closed August 12 – August 14.
- Spreckles Lake and the Dog Run will be closed to vehicles August 12 – August 14.
There’s detailed information on their website — all the programs, all the artistes, all the road closures.
Also, a hotline:
Again this year, we will have a Community Hotline to respond to any issues that may affect you during the festival. The festival hotline will be available from 10:00am – 11:00PM on the festival days.
The hotline number is 415-379-9063.